Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Summery Dessert

I found a perfect dessert that's healthy, filling and sweet! This recipe is really just a guideline because you can mix and match, add or subtract to your tastes.

Soy Topped Fruit Dessert:

1 6-8 ounce vanilla dairy-free yogurt (I have used the Silk brand but any would be fine I'm sure)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp maple syrup

This is the soy topping for whatever fruit you desire. Mix all the above ingredients until smooth and top on your fruit. Here's where the recipe can be your own. You can use a flavored yogurt, yesterday I used cherry flavor or keep to the vanilla. If you don't have maple syrup (because of the awful price tag that goes along with it) you can use agave nectar or other sweetener. Don't like vanilla or cinnamon? Leave them out or if you love them, add more to taste!

The fruit I used yesterday was one banana, one nectarine and a bunch of grapes. A few days ago I used raspberries, an apple and a white peach. Both were equally yummy.

Try this easy, delicious dessert, I promise you'll love me for it.

Also, I haven't done this yet, but this could a breakfast parfait like at McDonald's (minus the cholesterol) if you add some granola. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment