Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A new diet book

There are TONS of diet books out there. Go google 'diet book' and you'll get hundreds of thousand of hits. I've read the South Beach, Atkins, Weight Watchers and a few others. The first two were before I became a vegan, also know as before I got smarter. But I think I've found the best diet book out there.

The Engine 2 Diet

In a nutshell, this is all about living a plant-based diet. I wouldn't call it explicitly a vegan diet because the book does refer to eating honey but in reality it's a vegan diet for most. It's a great diet for those who are ready to kick the junk food, fast food, animal food way they've been living.

People who follow this plant-based way of eating are going to have many benefits which include, but aren't limited to: losing weight, reducing the bad cholesterol levels and regular bowel movements.

It's such a simple diet to follow. No calorie counting, no points or figuring out net carbs. If you're hungry you eat something, it's as simple as that. The hard part is staying away from those fatty, buttery laden sweets, the white flour breads and pastas and all those pesky animal products. Once you get over that stuff, it's easy.

I'm following my own recommendation and I'm going to do this diet, full on, for one month. No added sugars, no added fats and no processed foods that contain stuff my body doesn't need. I can't very well advocate a diet book if I don't follow it, right?

If you've got this book, please tell me what you think.

:::::::::

Also, it helps that author of this book is in Austin, TX. Represent for the Texans! We aren't a bunch of steak eating people!

No comments:

Post a Comment