Monday, June 15, 2009

Saturday Mornings

Our families ritual on Saturday morning has always been pancakes! It started with me while I still lived at home. I would wake up and make pancakes for my parents while they got to sleep a little longer. Then they would get up and we would sit around the breakfast table and eat pancakes and enjoy being with each other! That's why I continue the tradition with my kids. There's no rush and bustle of evening dinners with them. It's laid back, relaxed and fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They are also versatile! There's many different ways to top a pancake. The four year old likes them with syrup while the 2 year old likes them with cherry berry topping! I like them any way I can get them!

When I decided to be vegan I just knew I couldn't give up the pancakes! It was part of who I am so, I set out to make some ultimate pancakes!

Ultimate Vegan Pancakes.

  • 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (depending on how thick you want your pancakes)
  • 1/4 cup wheat germ
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla (I used butavan)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon oil
1. Preheat griddle.

2. Mix water oil and vanilla. I use a salad dressing shaker and mix like crazy. Set aside.

3. Thoroughly mix flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the oil mixture. Mix until just moistened.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment