Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cheers and Jeers

Cheers:
  • To places like Thai Tina's, Chipotle, and Taco Bell for having vegan friendly options that you don't have to ask for off the menu without cheese, eggs, etc.
  • To people like the guys who run Perotti's Pizza near my work - I got the odd eyebrow raise when I asked for a personal veggie pizza without the cheese, but they made it with an extra heap of veggies just for me. How sweet.
  • To the City of San Francisco for being very forward in promoting (and even mandating by fines) recycling and composting programs citywide. Check it out here in this article.
  • To the last day of the worldwide vegan bake sale week to help animals. Check out some details here and here.
Jeers:
  • To all the cute flats and flip flops that I keep seeing that are made from leather. :-( Poor animals.
  • To people ragging on Michael Jackson for being vegan in his lifestyle or not. I believe he was compassionate enough in more aspects than most other people are today. Geez, give the dead pop star some respect! He's a legend!
  • To the fact that PETA has stooped as low as Vegan Vixens to get people's attention, to no avail for the real goal of saving animal lives.
  • To all the vegetarian/vegan restaurants that pop up on Urban Spoon being on the other side of Dallas, whereas I live in northwest Fort Worth. Argh.

2 comments:

  1. I love that we have something else in common. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I would totally wear one of those lettuce outfits if I could pull it off...and I think my husband would FINALLY love the fact I was vegan.

    ReplyDelete