Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Raspberry Bread

I love fruit. I love bread. I love fruit bread!! I get tired of banana bread and I dislike blueberries ( I know!) but raspberry's and I get along beautifully! This used to be a non vegan recipe that I changed around a lot. I tried it on my very very omni husband, without telling him it was vegan, and his only question was why wasn't it sweeter. I personally thought it was fine but, you might keep that in mind !

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Raspberry Bread

1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup agave nectar
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg replacer (if using EnerG mix together first before combining)
1 2/3 cup soymilk (or your preferred milk)
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla ( I used butavan)
1 tsp lemon zest
1.5 cups raspberries (or blueberries if you like them!)

1. Preheat oven to 350 and oil loaf pan.
2. Mix all dry ingredients make a well in the center.
3. In separate bowl mix all wet ingredients. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until just moist. Batter will be lumpy!
4. Gently fold in Raspberries and lemon zest. Pour into prepared pan.
(totally had to take a picture of the raspberries!)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
5. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center of loaf comes out clean!

Let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then impatiently slice it, spread some earth balance on it and eat some! It's so good!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to make this!! (If I don't eat all my raspberries before I get them in the dough)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to make this! looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete